Eurachem Working Groups
Validation working group
The Eurachem Method Validation Working Group (MVWG) aims to function as a centre of expertise in the field by assembling and promoting best practice in Method Validation.
Terms of Reference
- The EURACHEM Method Validation Working Group has been established and will operate in accordance with the Constitution agreed in the EURACHEM Memorandum of Understanding, and is as such working:
- To provide guidance on method validation. This guidance will be applicable to all chemical analytical laboratories and meet the requirements for accreditation
- To organize - and contribute to - international seminars and workshops on issues related to Method Validation within analytical chemistry
- To collaborate and provide input on Method Validation into other Eurachem working groups
- To follow and discuss new developments within analytical chemistry, which may require new approaches regarding Method Validation
- To contribute to the "Reading List" with relevant references on Method Validation in analytical chemistry.
- MVWG was co-arranger of an international workshop, “Validation / Traceability / Measurement Uncertainty. Challenges for the 21st Century’s analysts”, in Berlin in May 2012 (see under "Completed Events")
- The MVWG issued a revised edition of the Eurachem Fitness for Purpose guide in 2014 and is currently considering supplementary guidance on individual aspects of method validation.
- A scientific committee based in the MVWG planned a 2-day Workshop, "Method Validation - Current Practices and Future Challenges" in Ghent, Belgium, May 2016 (see under "Completed Events")
- The MVWG is currently considering and working on supplementary guidance on individual aspects of method validation (probably to be included in a coming version of the "Fitness for Purpose" guide as annexes)
- The MVWG is currently assembling issues for revision of the guide (due around 2019). Readers are welcome to provide inputs for this.
- The MVWG is working on illustrative examples (validation protocols) on application of the principles recommended in the "Fitness for Purpose" guide.
- The MVWG will over time elaborate shorter leaflets pointing to application of the guide and specific issues described in the guide.
- Isabelle Vercruysse (Belgium)
- Guy Lamon (Belgium)
- Lorens Sibbesen (Denmark; Chair)
- Piotr Robouch (EU)
- Pieter Dehouck (EU)
- Barbara Pohl (Germany)
- Yvonne Bogan (Ireland)
- Helen Cantwell (Ireland)
- John Clancy (Ireland)
- Emanuela Gregori (Italy)
- Marina Patriarca (Italy)
- Elin Lovise Folven Gjengedal (Norway)
- Ewa Bulska (Poland)
- Nineta Hrastelj (Slovenia)
- Pedro Pablo Morillas Bravo (Spain)
- Francisco Raposo (Spain)
- Anders Karlsson (Sweden)
- Ulf Örnemark (Sweden)
- Fatma Akcadag (Turkey)
- Burcu Binici (Turkey)
- Aysun Yilmaz (Turkey)
- Perihan Yolci Ömeroglu (Turkey)
- Vicki Barwick (UK)
- Steve Ellison (UK)
- Last Updated: Sunday, 05 February 2017 21:47